Saturday, May 28, 2016

The Ah Ha Moment



Once upon a time, when I lived in Texas, I ran a successful photography business. My work was featured on Huffington Post, and I was nominated favorite family photographer 2 years in a row by Big D Magazine in Dallas. A friend and I also started up educational courses teaching photography to beginners.

Last fall, my Brilliant friend and talented Artist Sue Hanks approached me about contributing to her on line website for kids.

A fellow homeschooler, Sue found a huge hole in the market for quality art classes available to homeschoolers or kids that wanted to enrich their school curriculum since many art programs are being cut in public schools.

There are so many educational videos out there, but nothing that is geared to kids. Something that is safe for kids to navigate without parental supervision.

Well, she created that space. The Ah Ha Moment! Its a beautiful website with hundreds of lessons covering everything from art and art history to photography.

I took my beginner photography classes and really broke it down to the basics. Simple easy videos that will teach kids photography, one concept at a time with ANY camera!

Since my 8 year old daughter was helping me film the videos, she has become a pro! She takes most of our photographs on our Salt Project adventures. She knows how to create bokeh, focus, force perspective, and dozens of other photography skills, just from filming the lessons!

I would love for y'all to check it out, you can sign up for a free trial. Just click the link above.

This is a great program for summer, its safe for kids to use on their own and work at their own pace.

Give it a try and let me know how you like it. I have about a dozen more videos in the works and Sue is adding new videos weekly.



No comments:

Post a Comment